yum local repository howto?

Fellow Fedorians,
I would like to setup a local yum mirror of base/updates-released kept up with a nightly run of rsync. Then I can configure each fedora box yum.conf to point to this server. I have a few questions related to this. If anyone knows of a faq or howto related to this, please send me a pointer.

Does anyone know how to rsync from the public Redhat servers?

If I have to rsync from a mirror, does a differing directory structure matter and if so how?

Which files/directories are needed by yum base and updates-released other than headers/rpms/srpms, or which can be skipped (*.iso)?

If I switch to a local repository after some updates from the Redhat servers, do I need to do any maintenance first such as delete /var/cache/yum?

Thanks,

Dale