Re: OpenGroupware? -- how is it "crippled" at the server???

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 19:58, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Quoting Maarten Stolte <maarten.stolte@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > depends on the definition ofcourse, but I don't like the fact that,
> > afaik, some functionality is only available under other licenses, like
> > connecting to big boys' db's.
>
> Why?
>
> If you choose a Commerceware (e.g., Oracle, Sybase, etc...) or, worse yet, a
> Hostageware (e.g., MAPI/Outlook) solution, I have no problem with a vendor
> providing a Commerceware solution -- as long as their Freedomware (e.g.,
> Opengroupware) works with other Freedomware (e.g., Mozilla) or Standardsware
> (e.g., iCalendar) software.

me neither, but looking on the opengroupware pages it seems they opened
up their older product, and they didn't provide a client apart from a
webclient which received a very poor review in an english linux
magazine. Kolab already has a good kde client, and a good web-client in
the making (based on horde cvs).
So for now, Kolab looks like the more mature and for now more open
solution to me, but hey, as we said before, its about definitions now it
seems...