Re: OpenGroupware? -- how is it "crippled" at the server???

Quoting Maarten Stolte <maarten.stolte@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> depends on the definition ofcourse, but I don't like the fact that,
> afaik, some functionality is only available under other licenses, like
> connecting to big boys' db's.

Why?

If you choose a Commerceware (e.g., Oracle, Sybase, etc...) or, worse yet, a
Hostageware (e.g., MAPI/Outlook) solution, I have no problem with a vendor
providing a Commerceware solution -- as long as their Freedomware (e.g.,
Opengroupware) works with other Freedomware (e.g., Mozilla) or Standardsware
(e.g., iCalendar) software.

Especially when the "main backend" is 100% Freedomware.

-- Bryan

P.S.  The above terms are just the four categorizations of software I like to
use.  I don't think "proprietary" and "open" cover them very well.

--
Bryan J. Smith, E.I.  mailto:b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx  http://thebs.org
[NT-based] Windows itself has never been the primary issue with