Cdrom quality (was Re: Fedora give up

Brian Fahrlander wrote:
On Fri, 2003-11-28 at 10:56, Chris Sparks wrote:

Well that is worth a try I guess. I did use CD-RW discs and I did copy at 8X speed. WHat speed
do you suggest?

[Snipped]

    Just a word of advice: several versions back, I picked up a nice
habit.  Every time I burn a new set of ISOs, I run through the 'disk
test' routine (which you can do on any Linux box- doesn't have to be
during the install) and have it check the disk the first time through.

How *do* you run this exactly? Which command do you enter?

If it passes, I put an "ok" on the disk with a Sharpie. That way I know the image came over properly, and I never have to test (or worry) again.

Ok, and what *is* a sharpie ?

[I'm not exactly a newbie, but I am not a sysadmin either, just fiddling at home.]

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)