Fedora redemption! (was Re: Fedora give up)

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the input I received! This is what I learned:
1) When you have 128 MB of SRAM and the on-board video takes 16 MB of it you
can't do X windows (i.e. Graphical installation)
2) It is key to burn as slow a CD as possible. In my case it works ok with 4X speed.

I tried a minimal installation on an older disk I had laying around and I am very happy to say
we have life! I will now purge myself of that Windows 2000 installation and build an everything
installation. I am confident that it will be fine!

Chris Sparks

Kent Pirkle wrote:

One other thing to add: the CD check is a good thing and should always
be run, but I've had RHL/Fedora Core CDs that I've burned to pass the CD
check and still have problems. The only reliable way to really check a
CD is to do an "Everything" install from them.