Re: How about slowing down the Fedora release cycle to allow for more QA???

I think you have taken my example out of context. It was simply one of
the bugs that I have seen while using fedora core 1.

Secondly, the first thing that the fedora site says is that,
"The goal of The Fedora Project is to work with the Linux community to build a complete, general purpose operating system exclusively from free software"

Lastly, the compile failed with my personal configuration file and the standard config files that come installed with the kernel source and is something that other users have experienced.

Marc

At 01:11 AM 24/11/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Am Fr, den 21.11.2003 schrieb Marc Joffe um 23:58:
> While I that recompiling the kernel is not a standard
> newbie task,
Maybe it's not even a standard task for an old hand who just wants to do
her/his work. RHL as well as Fedora, I suppose, is not a general purpose
distro but is meant for a specific kind of usage.

And, I didn't had a problem recompiling the kernel. May be your prob is
not due to FC1 but to your special configuration?

Peter