Re: Modems? Anyone?

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:54:11 +0100
"A.J. Bonnema" <abonnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a E-TECH E56RVP+ external modem that worked fine under RH 9.0.
> However, every now and again I get a kudzu screen: do you want to delete
> this hardware profile? The hardware does not seem to be connected.

> And I really have no idea how to check whether the modem is recognized
> by the kernel. I tried dmesg, but I just can't find it.

> It's quite annoying, because I need it for my electronic banking
> application (still only works from modem).

> A suggestion, anyone?

Wouldn't it be possible to just stop kudzu from running at bootup (disable
it by running "setup" and turn off the kudzu service) - thus preventing it
from asking you ro remove a hardware profile if the modem's not on at
bootup?

Unless you're adding hardware on every boot, why try to probe for new
hardware on every boot?

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/