Re: Minimal installation

At 14:37 11/9/2003, you wrote:
I just updated a script that I've had since the days when it was actually possible to do a minimal install on a Zip disk, and made an attempt to do so. Installed kernel and glibc, wiped out the i18n stuff, and proceeded to install sysvinit, bash, mingetty, cron, initscripts, iptables, and their dependencies. Won't fit on a Zip100 any more. Looks like the minimum amount of space needed may be around 200MB (bearing in mind, that's after you stip off the i18n files). You might be able to get it on a Zip250, but I don't have one of those handy. :)

Right now I've got a useful Fedora system installed with 178 packages and using 417MB. I'd love to cut another 100MB or so from that number, and it appears to be doable. I just want to be careful not to cut out the meat with the fat.

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx