Re: Minimal installation

Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
At 19:16 11/8/2003, you wrote:

I don't know how low you can go, but I have managed a minimal install a lot less then the default povided by anaconda package selection, by creating a kickstart file that explicitely removes packages from installation ..

One day I will set some time aside and arrive at the bare-minimimum kickstart file..

I do the same thing for home firewalls and smaller machines, where I often get 1GB drives and even sometimes a 500MB drive. I have consistently kept to 150MB-200MB installs.

Perhaps a few of us could cooperate on creating this "smallest" install kickstart file? I will be happy to cooperate, put forth my own efforts, and maybe put up a web page with the list of packages so that we can discuss it. Anyone else want to help? Lox, Michael, Jaroslaw... anyone?

What a co-incidence, I have considered the same thing. Perhaps a resource where a 'absolute, really truely bare minimum' kickstart file can be made available for thost that need it.

Sure, I will co-operate too. Perhaps test it, put forward my attempts, etc..
Cheers,
Michael