Re: Help needed with SanDisk CRUZER memory stick

I reformated my test installation, using reiserfs , then added the parameters below for mounting the USB drive. This worked and allows me to write data to the vfat partition, without being root.

Since there are at least two CRUZER owners out there having trouble with the memstick, there must be something more wrong with the stick.

If you have the stick in on boot, does it make a directory or anything?

If you run fdisk -l, does it list any sdx device in the output?

Thanks for teaching me something in the process. Sorry I could not lead you to a solution.

Jim

Thus, given a line
             /dev/sda1  /mnt/memstick  vfat  rw,user,noauto,unhide 0 0

As a regular user, run
mount /dev/sda1
or
mount /mnt/memstick