Re: Help needed with SanDisk CRUZER memory stick

John Wendel wrote:

I just got a SanDisk CRUZER 256MB USB memory thingy. It no workey!

The USB is on a VIA 8235 chip if that matters.

Could some of you gurus take a look at these messages and give me a clue about what I need to do to get this device working. I suspect that I'm missing a module, but I can't figure out what I need.

Sorry about the size of this messages. I've trimmed out all the stuff that seemed irrelevant, but I didn't want to lose something important.

Thanks,

John

This part seems to be saying that it is on /dev/sda (the whole hard drive is this) and is most likely /dev/sda1 (first partition on /dev/sda)

Basically, create a directory to mount the stick on. mkdir /dev/memstick then add an entry like this to your /etc/fstab file.

/dev/sda1 /mnt/memstick vfat noauto,owner,rw 0 0

Then to mount the disk by typing one of the two following commands:

mount /dev/sda1

or

mount /mnt/memstick

There are different options to add to the part of the entry of vfat can be different to get the device working for each user. Check "man mount" and "man fstab" for the options needed for each command and file.

Jim

Dec 22 20:11:21 localhost kernel: SCSI device sda: 512000 512-byte hdwr sectors (262 MB)

--
There is a 20% chance of tomorrow.