Re: Assigning group rights

Bruce W. Bigby wrote:
<snip a piece where Bruce explains very thouroughly how to use groups>

Imagine that you have a LimeWire (peer-to-peer file sharing software)
repository and you store a bunch of files under a particular directory
under Windows. Let's say, you reboot into Linux and you run LimeWire
under Linux but you wish to use the same directory for LimeWire under
Windows.  Well, you give everyone in your family the ability to read and
write to the vfat disk so that when they run LimeWire, they are storing
to the same directory.  To accomplish this, you add every user in your
family to the bonnema group and you mount your vfat disk as I have done,
but using the the name, bonnema, since that is your family name.

I hope that this is clear.

Thank you very much Bruce, it is very clear. I will now start using this group-thing to my advantage. Thank you.

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)