Re: Abit KD7 - System Hangs, Scroll lock, Caps Lock lights on keyboard flash

On Saturday 20 December 2003 13:42, spu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I just installed an Abit KD7 motherboard in my computer and everything
> worked fine for almost a whole day.
> Then I proceeded to reinstall my operating system (Fedora Core Linux 1) The
> floppy booted fine, resulting in the installation program starting off of
> my external, USB2 CDRW drive. The installation proceeded normally until it
> got to the part about "Formatting / (root) partition", then the system
> locked up, and the above mentioned lights on the keyboard started flashing
> on and off, in unision, just like in the first example.

Why don't you try upgrading rather than installing?
If you already made the partitions on your first installation
they should still be there.

It might be worth getting tomsrtbt -- Linux on a floppy --
and running fdisk from the floppy
to see what it thinks of your hard disks and partitions.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366