Re: Abit KD7 - System Hangs, Scroll lock, Caps Lock lights on keyboard flash

spu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Then I proceeded to reinstall my operating system (Fedora Core Linux 1) The floppy booted fine, resulting in the installation program starting off of my external, USB2 CDRW drive. The installation proceeded normally until it got to the part about "Formatting / (root) partition", then the system locked up, and the above mentioned lights on the keyboard started flashing on and off, in unision, just like in the first example. Then I got some error messages about "Kernel panic" I then proceeded to try installing again, with the exact same result, at the exact same point in the installation.

Before you reinstall anything, you should get the Western Digital floppy, and run the extended diags from the diagnostics section. If you have a copy of memtest86, you should run that as well. Have you checked the MD5 sums on the Fedora isos? And, did you run the mediacheck on your cd's before starting the install? Your USB CDRW might be suspect, as well.

I have a WD 40G drive as my primary master and a Maxtor 40G as my primary slave, and I have had no problems.