Re: Sendmail not rewriting the domain of the sender. -Success-

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 06:59, Ian P. Thomas wrote:

> 	Adding the rpm, sendmail-cf, solved the problem and everything works as
> expected now.  Should I file a bug for the issue of the init.d/sendmail
> script not checking for the presence of the files needed to update the
> sendmail.cf file using 'make -C /etc/mail'?

Should you open a bug? ....
What's the bug? How did you install sendmail in the first place? If you
selected "sendmail" as one of the packages to install when you were
doing your original install, then I'd say, yes, it's a bug...
sendmail-cf was omitted in error.

On the other hand, if you installed sendmail in bits and pieces and did
not also install sendmail-cf then no, it's not a bug, it's "user error".

You know what you did. Do you think you made an error and can chalk this
up to "learning", or did some process really not work correctly and
needs to be corrected on a more "global" scale?