Re: Sendmail not rewriting the domain of the sender. -Success-

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 10:47, Don wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 06:59, Ian P. Thomas wrote:
>

> > 	Adding the rpm, sendmail-cf, solved the problem and everything works as
> > expected now.  Should I file a bug for the issue of the init.d/sendmail
> > script not checking for the presence of the files needed to update the
> > sendmail.cf file using 'make -C /etc/mail'?
>
> Should you open a bug? ....
> What's the bug? How did you install sendmail in the first place? If you
> selected "sendmail" as one of the packages to install when you were
> doing your original install, then I'd say, yes, it's a bug...
> sendmail-cf was omitted in error.

	Then it is indeed a bug.  I installed Fedora Core 1 about a week and a
half ago and chose the 'Workstation' install.  sendmail, the program,
was installed as part of that selection.  I didn't deselect any specific
packages during the install.  I got whatever was included in the
'Workstation' install.  sendmail-cf was not included.

> On the other hand, if you installed sendmail in bits and pieces and did
> not also install sendmail-cf then no, it's not a bug, it's "user error".
>
> You know what you did. Do you think you made an error and can chalk this
> up to "learning", or did some process really not work correctly and
> needs to be corrected on a more "global" scale?

	I would think that this needs to be corrected on a more "global"
scale.  However, before submitting a bug I am going to check one thing.
What packages are included in the 'Workstation' install?  I'll check for
sendmail-cf and see if somehow the installation simply failed to install
it.
	This will determine whether the bug is an installation bug, or a
usability bug for the 'Workstation' install.
	The clarification on bug submissions are appreciated.

Ian P. Thomas