Re: Sendmail not rewriting the domain of the sender.

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 00:34, Brian Fahrlander wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 22:37, Ian P. Thomas wrote:
> > I have the following lines in my sendmail.mc file:
> >
> > FEATURE('always_add_domain')dnl
> > FEATURE('masquerade_entire_domain')dnl
> > FEATURE('masquerade_envelope')dnl
> > FEATURE('allmasquerade')dnl
> > MASQUERADE_AS(`domain.org')dnl
> > MASQUERADE_DOMAIN('domain.org')dnl
> >
> > This should perform the following
> >
> > 	me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  -> me@xxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > It is, as of now, leaving the address as
> >
> > 	me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > I've run
> >
> > 	/etc/init.d/sendmail restart
> >
> > after making the changes, with the same results. Is
> > there another option I'm missing here?
>
>     Is there a "Cwdomain.org" at the bottom of sendmail.mc?

	There is a "Cwlocalhost" inside of sendmail.cf.  I think that is what
you meant, correct?
	After doing further troubleshooting, I determined that I didn't have
the sendmail=cf rpm installed, so my sendmail.cf file was not getting
updated when the call to make -C is made in the script.  The
/etc/init.d/sendmail script should include a check for this rpm, or at
lest the files that this rpm provides.  Otherwise the user is left
completely unaware that the sendmail.mc file they updated is not being
used to recreate the sendmail.cf file.  I'm going to install this rpm
and that should solve the problem.  If it doesn't, I think I will be out
of answers.
	Many thanks to those who attempted to solve the problem.

Ian P. Thomas