Re: Erreta support

Rich Reardon wrote:
Bill Carlson wrote:

You do realize that by definition Fedora is supposed to have a new Release twice a year or so? The EOL of each release would appear to be 2-3 months after the next release (ie EOL for FC1 will be 2-3 months after FC2 is released). EOL meaning no more errata/security fixes.
So, if you're using Fedora, you should already be planning on updating at least every 6 months.

I'm confused about this errata change (in fact, the "core" notion).
What doesn't updating via the i386 rpms on the Fedora site, or up2date (which apparently still works in Fedora) keep us current?
Is each new kernel incompatible with the previous version's apps?

You can use yum or apt to upgrade to the "current" release without requiring an upgrade in the old sense of the word. I've gone from RH 8.0 to FC 1 via apt-get, and I've used yum to upgrade from RH 9 to FC 1. I've never actually used the upgrade proccess thru the installer. All I do is point yum or apt-get at my local fedora and do an upgrade. (apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade or apt-get upgrade)

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.