comp hangs

Hi,
I have installed Fedora Core on a Toshiba Satellite 2410 (I do have
operative the last 2 kernels with grub).

1)If computer enters on standby, when awoken screen is out of
configuration. Normally horizontally split. If control+alt f2 and open a
new term, when control+alt f7, screen returns to normal.

2)When launching a program (any and at random) with no pattern that can
be described, the computer hangs and ceases to respond. To shut
down must cut power.

card is nvidea g4

Any suggestions?

Carlos,