Re: [Evolution] evolution 1.5 on fedora

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 17:42, Nathan G. Grennan wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 22:22, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > I'd also still appreciate it if anyone else can shed some light on these
> > things.
> >

> I solved this issue by editing a variable that told the path to the
> OrigTree module. Different libaries had it set to different things. One
> was something like /home/jsomething/install/something/intltool. It
> should be /usr/share/intltool. I also upgraded my intltool to 0.28 from
> Gnome CVS. Overall I got everything to compile after a few hours work.

It turns out OrigTree.pm isn't in intltool 0.27, but it is in 0.28
(which I didn't have!)

> I was disappointed with the quality, but not surprised by it. One
> examples is not updating the unread message count for a folder after
> messages have been read.

The quote from the evolution list: "This is currently broken in 1.5"!
But apparently this and a lot of other things are already fixed in cvs.

>  I was excited about some of the new features,
> like S/MIME. Another being the certificate management. The TODO/Wishlist
> for 2.0 is also interesting. I do miss the summary page for rdf stuff
> like Red Hat has for errata.

I never used it.  But there is a replacement for it.  Some extra
component or something, can't remember.

>  I upgraded at work, and will probably
> downgrade back to 1.4.5 tomorrow.

I'll see what I decide.  Both versions can run together, so I might try
them both for a while.

Regards,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Pascal is a language for children wanting to be naughty.
		-- Dr. Kasi Ananthanarayanan