Samba - how to put into domain and authenticate (once again)

hi all,

i sucessfully did my net rpc join from my linux-clients, so they are in
the samba-domain.

But: how do i login into my domain if i am on the login into linux? i
thought must be the form DOMAIN\user nevertheless what you defined in
winbind. But, i always get the message "Username or Password wrong".

1) What am i doing false here?

If i login as a regular user, i can go into the nautilus-network-browswer,
where i can see my domain and (after a login) the machines inside. But i
have no mountpoints there.

2) I don't really like mounting my samba-shares in /etc/fstab as i have
afterwards usernames and passwords in cleartext inside. Those machines are
used by several users.

or 1+2) if i could login directly into my domain, could i do in /etc/fstab
someting with variables in style like
//server/share                /home/U%        smbfs  rw       0 0

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
Roger