Re: [Evolution] evolution 1.5 on fedora

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 12:31, J. Gardner Biggs wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 10:45, Iain Buchanan wrote:
> > > Has anyone had success with evolution 1.5 on fedora?
> > I took a bit more of a plunge and compiled gal-2.1.1 and libsoup-2.1.2,
> > but gtkhtml got stuck on
> > --------
> > The OrigTree module doesn't seem to be properly installed
> > ../../intltool-merge
>
> I had the same problem here on a Fedora Core 1 updated with nyquist's
> apt-repository.
>
> my intltool version is 0.27.2-1

$ rpm -q intltool
intltool-0.27.2-1

> is it a gtkhtml or intltool problem?

Well, the intltool it seems to be complaining about is in the
gtkhtml-3.1.4 directory
$ ./intltool-extract --version
intltool-extract (intltool) 0.28

so I'm assuming it comes with gtkhtml.

On further investigation, intltool-merge is perl (yay :) and the line it
dies on (v0.28, line 58) is looking for XML::Parser::Style::OrigTree.
This is a new addition (not there in v0.27) so maybe v0.27 will work.
Now, I have XML::Parser, or intltool would have died earlier, so perhaps
Origtree should be a part of that, but fedora took it out?  Still
investigating...  intltool-merge sets its inc dirs to
/opt/gnome2/share/intltool, ./modules, and ./intltool-modules, but there
are no .pm's in those.  nor are there in `rpm -ql intltool-0.27.2-1`.
hmmm...

A search of cpan provided nothing for OrigTree.  There were plenty of
XML::Parser matches, but I didn't want to go through to ~50000 matches
and see :)  So I don't know where gtkhtml is getting their OrigTree
from.  I'll keep playing and post my success (or failure) back to the
list.

I'd also still appreciate it if anyone else can shed some light on these
things.

Regards,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"This is lemma 1.1.  We start a new chapter so the numbers all go back to one."
		-- Prof. Seager, C&O 351