SV: SV: daemontools failed compilation (what about qmail?)

> Hi, I too am having problems trying to run
>
> dnscache
> daemontools
> ucspi
>
> working on my fedora system, how did you go about it ???
> did you get the patched rpms and install with them from
>
> ftp://moni.csi.hu./pub/glibc-2.3.1/
>
> and just installed the daemontools-0.76-4patch.i386.rpm ??
> or did u get the .src.rpm and rebuild them ??
>
> I attempted to install them via the
> rpm -ivh <package>.i386.rpm
>
> but dnscache wont start due to no supervise directories/files created.
>
> ..
>
> if you attempt to do as the instructions say and rebuild the .src.rpm
> files you get the 'errno' errors which basically tells me that those
> files aren't patched as im sure thats the error thats received upon
> trying to compile it from source.
>

> Thanks
>
> Any help appreciated.

Hi,
 I wrote down the way I compiled Daemontools it is pasted at the end of this
email:
For other of D.J. Bernstein software apply the errno patches from:
http://qmail.bitpool.org/moni.csi.hu/pub/glibc-2.3.1/
then follow the instructions on his website:
http://cr.yp.to

For qmail follow www.lifewithqmail.org after you have installed daemontools
and dnscache

If you have more problems please post again.

Cheers
Paolo

---------------
HOW TO PATCH DAEMONTOOLS

This patch allows to compile Daemontools with recent glibc
Mere info om this and other known problems in D.J. Bernstein software can be
found at:
http://homepages.tesco.net./~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/djbdns-problems.html#errno
Procedure

Get the patch here:
http://tyskyshop.com./patches/daemontools-0.76.errno.patch
or find it here:
http://qmail.bitpool.org/moni.csi.hu/pub/glibc-2.3.1/

then

	mkdir /root/patch
	cd /root/patch
	wget http://tyskyshop.com./patches/daemontools-0.76.errno.patch

Do the first steps as described here:
http://cr.yp.to/daemontools/install.html

That is, do:
Create a /package directory:
     mkdir -p /package
     chmod 1755 /package
     cd /package

Download daemontools-0.76.tar.gz into /package. Unpack the daemontools
package:
     gunzip daemontools-0.76.tar
     tar -xpf daemontools-0.76.tar
     rm daemontools-0.76.tar

Stop here and move daemontools-0.76 to /root/patch/daemontools-0.76:
	cd admin
	mv daemontools-0.76 /root/patch/daemontools-0.76

	cd to the patch dir:
	cd /root/patch/

apply the patch
	patch --verbose daemontools-0.76/src/error.h daemontools-0.76.errno.patch

move  daemontools-0.76 back to /package
	mv daemontools-0.76 /package/admin/daemontools-0.76

Go on as D.J. Bernstein says:
	cd /package/admin/daemontools-0.76

Compile and set up the daemontools programs:
	package/install

Daemontools creates a /service directory