Re: Final kprobes rollup patches

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 17:06 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * Masami Hiramatsu <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > cool! Please Cc: lkml and Harvey as well so that there's less
> > > overlap in unification work - Harvey spent quite some time unifying
> > > and cleaning up the kprobes code during the past week.
> >
> > Should I rewrite it based on current git tree?
> > My patch includes 3 part of patches.
> > - 2 Bugfix patches (which is not merged yet.)
> > - 2 booster patches (ditto)
> > - 2 unification patches (most of this patches are already done by Harvey's patch)
>
> would it be easier/more robust to first did the unification patches and
> then get the bugfixes and new features in? That would give us your
> bugfixes and new features on both 32-bit and 64-bit at the same time.
>
> feel free to do whichever approach you prefer - but it would be nice to
> preserve the unification and cleanup work done by Harvey.
>
> btw., is any of your bugfixes 2.6.24 material?

Well, I'll admit to being a little disappointed if my work doesn't make
it in, but there are bugfixes here.  I think my cleanup breakout is
better in the more-finegrained changes sense.  If you decide to keep
mine I'll rebase Masami's patches 1-4 on top of that and send it by
him for resubmittal.  But I'll leave it to Ingo to decide how
to procede.

Harvey