Re: [Tech-board-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Jes Sorensen wrote:

> Right now it looks like we have a list of sane candidates up, which I
> certainly would be willing to vote for. However, it would be a shame
> that the credibility of the election is lost because of sticking to an
> undemocratic voting procedure. A procedure which it in fact was stated
> when the board was created last year, would be replaced this year.

Democracy is an ideal that is not attainable. A representative democracy
is usually the best you can get. So you need people that have some
competence to contribute to the endeavor. And AFAICT we approximate that
reasonably. Many of the people that were not subject to the git commit
quota are experienced hands that are valuable because of their experience
with Linux and the Summit.