Re: [Tech-board-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections

On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 07:18:36PM -0700, Daniel Walker wrote:
> Just out of curiosity , have you had anyone nominate a really really
> large group ? Like say, anyone that has every send an email to lkml ?

Nope; I suspect someone who did that would just be ignored by the
program committee.  We might publically mock someone who did that,
just to discourage that kind of behavior, but it's wouldn't be a
particularly effective denial of service attack, precisely because the
program committee has discretion about how to handle that sort of
thing.

There have been people nominating 5-10 people in previous years, and
in general the set of people that were nominated overlapped with
suggestions made by others --- and that's the process working as it's
supposed to.  But that's not a "really, really large group".

						- Ted