Re: [patch] CFS scheduler, -v19

Ingo Molnar wrote:
* Ian Kent <[email protected]> wrote:

ah! It passes in a low-res time source into a high-res time interface (pthread_cond_timedwait()). Could you change the time(NULL) + 1 to time(NULL) + 2, or change it to:

	gettimeofday(&wait, NULL);
	wait.tv_sec++;
OK, I'm with you, hi-res timer.
But even so, how is the time in the past after adding a second.

Is it because I'm not setting tv_nsec when it's close to a second boundary, and hence your recommendation above?

yeah, it looks a bit suspicious: you create a +1 second timeout out of a 1 second resolution timesource. I dont yet understand the failure mode though that results in that looping and in the 30% CPU time use - do you understand it perhaps? (and automount is still functional while this is happening, correct?)

Can't say, I have automount running because I get it by default, but I have nothing using at on my test machine. Why is it looping so fast when there are no mount points defined? If the config changes there's no requirement to notice right away, is there?

--
bill davidsen <[email protected]>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc