Re: [patch] cpusets: do not allow TIF_MEMDIE tasks to allocate globally

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> Hmmmm... But we have sent it a SIGKILL. If the process is following
> conventions then it is exiting. Of course the process could be abusing the
> system and attempting to OOM the whole system as an act of revenge for
> being killed but isnt this a bit far fetched?

It's not abusing the system because it was killed, it was killed because
it was abusing the system and attempted to mlock more memory than allowed
in its exclusive mems.  So we OOM the task but it can continue mlock'ing
memory and intrude on the memory of other cpusets because of the
TIF_MEMDIE exception and our SIGKILL hasn't been handled yet.