Re: [patch] cpusets: do not allow TIF_MEMDIE tasks to allocate globally

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Christoph Lameter wrote:

> But the alternative is that the exiting process does not save its
> data.

The same condition that occurs when there is a system-wide OOM, yes.
Exclusive cpusets cannot be violated for such allocations outside of the
obvious GFP_ATOMIC exception.

> What is this very small exclusive cpuset?

That's arbitrary.  The idea is that an exclusive cpuset should not
encounter memory pressure because another exclusive cpuset encountered an
OOM condition because its zones happened to be higher on the zonelist.
Notice how, without this change, it's possible to allocate on a node
outside our mems_allowed before we use our own memory reserves.

		David