Re: [kvm-devel] [GIT PULL][RESEND] KVM cpu hotplug fixes

Hi Avi,

On 6/2/07, Avi Kivity <[email protected]> wrote:
Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Don't send me pull requests like this. And absolutely do NOT send them as
> resends. I just  get grumpy.
>
> If all the added code had been KVM-only, I might not care. But when the
> bulk of the code touches core files, you had better explain why this is so
> important that it cannot wait for the next merge window.

Ok.  This was really wanted by laptop-carrying users, but I guess
they'll have to wait for 2.6.23.

Could you explain a bit:

1) Why CPU hotplug is that important for virtualization?

2) Why this patch is wanted by laptop users?

I tried to answer myself those questions, but to no avail.

Thank you,
Jun