Re: so ... what *are* candidates for removal?

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Wed, 2 May 2007, Neil Brown wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, this community is not founded on the concept of
>> 'wiki'.  It is founded on the concept of 'email'.  That is were most
>> discussions happen.
>>
>> So if you want to start a discussion (and your topic certainly seems
>> relevant) I suspect you will get more participation if you keep it
>> in the mailing list.
>
> you have it backwards -- i deliberately chose a wiki to get this
> discussion *off* the LKML.  given the traffic volume here, and given
> that kernel code removal isn't what most people consider a high
> priority, i'm guessing most folks here are monumentally uninterested
> in the discussion.
[...]

IMO you are both right and wrong in your own ways.

I agree with Neil that you* have to go to the people who are concerned.

I agree with you that LKML will often not be the place where you* find
them.  (Still, you* have to find them; it's not that they have to find
your wiki discussion.)

*) "you" = whoever has the drive and persistence, and is connected
enough with the communities to help in feature removal processes
--
Stefan Richter