Re: Question about Reiser4

On 4/23/07, Andrew Morton <[email protected]> wrote:

To get it unstuck we'd need a general push, get people looking at and
testing
the code, get the vendors to have a serious think about it, etc.  We could
do
that - it'd require that the namesys people (and I) start making threatening
noises about merging it, I guess.

Or we could move all the reiser4 code into kernel/sched.c - that seems to
get
people fired up.
-

Just an idea: And what about creating a new tree (like -r4),
maintained by namesys people, tested by several people, with dedicated
mailing list, etc.?

That way, the code could be patched, updated and cleaned over the time
(without firing up people), it could be tested without pain, people
would send more bug reports and every work would be centralized.
Reiser4 would get much more attention.

--
Miguel Ojeda
http://maxextreme.googlepages.com/index.htm