Re: Strange write errors on FAT32 partition (maybe an FAT32 bug?!)

Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
Roger Heflin wrote:
That should mean that it is not a HW pci bus issue, though I
still have seen odd MB failures that cause corruption and don't
show anywhere (pci, ecc, mcelog), and only show up with cksums
on specific pieces of hw.

I don't have any good way of find those, we swapped one part
at a time until it went quit doing it.
Would those errors also occur when just calculating message digests
(sha1sum)? Because if so,.. I could exclude those types of errors for my
issue because as I've told,.. at least on the original files the sha
sums always are correct.

Regards,
Chris.

Usually it seemed to be IO related, the sums just happened
to show it issue.   It did not seem to be a cpu issue,
something unknown outside of the cpu seemed to cause it.

                             Roger