Re: Strange write errors on FAT32 partition (maybe an FAT32 bug?!)

Roger Heflin wrote:
> The mc part does pci parity, it is separate from the
> chipset driver,
What? I thought the MC part does ECC and the pci part the parity stuff?

> I have even used the _mc part on a
> Itanium with no chipset driver at all and had it report
> parity errors properly, so I expect just the mc driver
> to work.
>
> You would need the k8 module for the cpu, but that is
> only if you want ECC checking also.

Where do I get this only when patching from CVS?

> If you got the _mc loaded do a "sysctl -a | grep mc" and
> see what things are set how, and reset if necessary
> check_pci_parity to 1.
Well ok,.. module is loaded now:
I've set check_pci_parity to 1 everything else is 0 in sysfs...

# sysctl -a | grep mc
error: "Operation not permitted" reading key "net.ipv6.route.flush"
net.ipv6.neigh.eth1.mcast_solicit = 3
net.ipv6.neigh.eth0.mcast_solicit = 3
net.ipv6.neigh.lo.mcast_solicit = 3
net.ipv6.neigh.default.mcast_solicit = 3
net.ipv4.conf.ppp0.mc_forwarding = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth1.mc_forwarding = 0
net.ipv4.conf.eth0.mc_forwarding = 0
net.ipv4.conf.lo.mc_forwarding = 0
net.ipv4.conf.default.mc_forwarding = 0
net.ipv4.conf.all.mc_forwarding = 0
net.ipv4.neigh.ppp0.mcast_solicit = 3
net.ipv4.neigh.eth1.mcast_solicit = 3
net.ipv4.neigh.eth0.mcast_solicit = 3
net.ipv4.neigh.lo.mcast_solicit = 3
net.ipv4.neigh.default.mcast_solicit = 3
error: "Operation not permitted" reading key "net.ipv4.route.flush"
error: "Invalid argument" reading key "fs.binfmt_misc.register"

But this has nothing to do with edac, has it?

And I've already had diff errors again,..
so if there had been some parity issue it should have been logged, right?
begin:vcard
fn:Mitterer, Christoph Anton
n:Mitterer;Christoph Anton
email;internet:[email protected]