Re: Strange write errors on FAT32 partition (maybe an FAT32 bug?!)

Roger Heflin wrote:
> The failure can manifest itself in many ways, I have
> only seen it as a read failure, but there should be no
> reason why it cannot also show as a write failure.
>
> It should be in the later vanilla kernels, it won't
> be in the earlier ones,  I would do a
> find /lib/modules -name "*edac*" -ls
>
> It is a hw issue, either something is running faster that
> it should be (pci bus set to fast for the given hardware/config)
> or something is broken.
The strange thing is that it always occures on the copied data,.. not
the original (which is on another disk). But wouldn those parity errors
not occur in general?
For example al my sha1sums -c sumfile checks are working corretly on the
original disk :/
begin:vcard
fn:Mitterer, Christoph Anton
n:Mitterer;Christoph Anton