Re: [3/4] kevent: AIO, aio_sendfile() implementation.

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 11:44 -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> Badari Pulavarty wrote:
> > Before we spend too much time cleaning up and merging into mainline -
> > I would like an agreement that what we add is good enough for glibc
> > POSIX AIO.
>
> I haven't seen a description of the interface so far.  Would be good if
> it existed.  But I briefly mentioned one quirk in the interface about
> which Suparna wasn't sure whether it's implemented/implementable in the
> current interface.
>
> If a lio_listio call is made the individual requests are handle just as
> if they'd be issue separately.  I.e., the notification specified in the
> individual aiocb is performed when the specific request is done.  Then,
> once all requests are done, another notification is made, this time
> controlled by the sigevent parameter if lio_listio.
>

> Another feature which I always wanted: the current lio_listio call
> returns in blocking mode only if all requests are done.  In non-blocking
> mode it returns immediately and the program needs to poll the aiocbs.
> What is needed is something in the middle.  For instance, if multiple
> read requests are issued the program might be able to start working as
> soon as one request is satisfied.  I.e., a call similar to lio_listio
> would be nice which also takes another parameter specifying how many of
> the NENT aiocbs have to finish before the call returns.

  You're right here, that definitely would be a plus.

  Sébastien Dugué                BULL/FREC:B1-247
  phone: (+33) 476 29 77 70      Bullcom: 229-7770

  mailto:[email protected]

  Linux POSIX AIO: http://www.bullopensource.org/posix
                   http://sourceforge.net/projects/paiol