Re: [3/4] kevent: AIO, aio_sendfile() implementation.

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 11:14 -0700, Zach Brown wrote:
> > Suparna mentioned at Ulrich wants us to concentrate on kernel-side
> > support, so that he can look at glibc side of things (along with
> > other work he is already doing). So, if we can get an agreement on
> > what kind of kernel support is needed - we can focus our efforts on
> > kernel side first and leave glibc enablement to capable hands of Uli
> > :)
>
> Yeah, and the existing patches still need some cleanup.  Badari, did you
> still want me to look into that?
>
> We need someone to claim ultimate responsibility for getting these
> patches suitable for merging :).  I'm happy to do that if Suparna isn't
> already on it.

Zach,

Thanks for volunteering !! Sebastien & I should be able to help you.

Before we spend too much time cleaning up and merging into mainline -
I would like an agreement that what we add is good enough for glibc
POSIX AIO. I hate to waste everyone's time and add complexity to the
kernel - if glibc side is not going to happen :(

Thanks,
Badari