Re: the ' 'official' point of view' expressed by kernelnewbies.org regarding reiser4 inclusion

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 12:04:46PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> I can't prove that the 1:5 ratio is wrong, but the point is that
> claiming a 1:5 ratio was true based on the klive data is not better than
> claiming it based on no data. But claiming it based on the klive data is
> worse since people like you are getting the wrong impression it was
> based on data that would have the quality for supporting such a
> statement.
>
> The data simply has not the quality for such a statement.
> Please read my two examples in [1] if you want to get an impression why
> such problems can occur.
>
> [1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/7/26/203

Also, one may wish to invest in the purchase of 'How to Lie with
Statistics'[1] by Darrel Huff (ISBN 0-393-31072-8). An easy yet
powerful little read.

[1] this is not meant to imply that anyone here is lieing, attempting to
lie, thinking of lieing, wishing they were lieing or having anything to
do with lieing, purposeful or otherwise.

--
    "To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
    greatest tribute."