Re: pulseaudio, howto make it work?

Craig White wrote:

I think you have personalized these things as if they were intended to
make your attempts to use Fedora more difficult.

No. Not personalized. I know they're not intended to make my attempts to use Fedora more difficult. If anything, I'd say they were intended to make my attempts to use Fedora easier, and failed.
Perhaps you need to read Eric Raymond's 'The Cathedral and the
Bazaar' [0] to get a better feel for the aspirations of Fedora because
there is a release early and often philosophy that is easier to cope
with when its understood.

I understand. Like I said, I've been doing this for years, I've been a contributor to the KDE project and have a couple of open source projects of my own. I understand how it works. But I guess in the same vein I tend to expect a certain willingness to cooperate out of the community. The people on this list have generally been open to discussion, while they still tend to insist that there isn't really a problem. The few interactions with bugzilla I've had, however, leave a bad taste.

Perhaps I should just shut up and start raising a ruckus and submitting patches. Considering how things have been going, however, I wonder if there's any chance at all of them being accepted.

--Russell

Craig

[0] Eric Raymond - The Cathedral and the Bazaar
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/