Re: Printer configuration help request

Kam Leo wrote:
On 11/14/05, John Wendel <jwendel10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Kam Leo wrote:

On 11/14/05, John Wendel <jwendel10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Running updated FC3 system.

I've got an HP PSC 1210 that works fine when I configure it using CUPS
and the HPLIP driver.

The problem I'm having is that whenever I turn the printer on, my config
is destroyed and some nasty hotplug something installs a non-functional
configuration.

I need to know how to disable this automatic printer configuration
process.

Thanks,

John

Try turning off the cups-config-deamon service.

Thanks for the reply, but I don't run the cups-config-daemon.

It looks like something (hald ?) is running the redhat printer
configuration tool. My printer config file gets modified when the system
boots. I don't start cups or the hplip drivers when the system boots,
I run them whenever I want to print something (about once a month).

Thanks,

John

If you say so; however, I would verify that the deamon is not started by
default for runlevels 3-5..

Like I said, I don't run cups or the cups-config-deamon at startup

# chkconfig --list | grep cups
cups            0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
cups-config-daemon 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:off 4:off 5:off 6:off

This seems to be a problem with USB hotplug. But I've checked all the hotplug config files I can find and I don't see any printer stuff.

Thanks,

John