Printer configuration help request

Running updated FC3 system.

I've got an HP PSC 1210 that works fine when I configure it using CUPS and the HPLIP driver.
The problem I'm having is that whenever I turn the printer on, my config
is destroyed and some nasty hotplug something installs a non-functional
configuration.
I need to know how to disable this automatic printer configuration process.

Thanks,

John