Re: Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!

Nat Gross wrote:

What do you called as a standard package?
Something along the lines of xml schemas/dtd's.
Every distro should/can have its dtd/schema for the pkg info. If the
rpm's xml adheres to that schema, its standard.
I wish I had the time to get in on the yum list, but I have my hands
full right now. (If you followed my other glibc thread, mysql
--->oracle, etc.) If anyone wants to file a bugzilla for me, I would
thank her/him.

-nat
ps. I am certain everyone is busy, but still...

What you are suggestion or discussing here is not a straight forward bug report at all. What would be appropriate is to provide the logs, details and suggestions in the yum devel list to see whats feasible and appropriate for yum to do when working on non repository packages. Any such discussions on end user list is going to just get lost in the list noise after sometime.

regards
Rahul