Re: PostgreSQL

--On Monday, October 10, 2005 5:44 PM -0700 Ezra Nugroho <enugroho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

BLOB is for binary (image, songs, etc), not text.

Right, but I believe its importance is in the lack of size constraint, because it's stored outside the table, and that the MEMO type is the same kind of thing, but for text. (Forgive me if I've mangled this, it's been awhile since I looked into the details.) Does PostgreSQL have anything similar? My instinct is to store this stuff elsewhere and put a link (eg. filename) in the table, but I suppose being able to do everything in SQL can be convenient.