Re: PostgreSQL

There is a decent tool called PGAdmin III that would solve most of your woes. Secondly you can always join the PostgreSQL list and seek help there for authentication methods, although I found no problems setting it up.

PG has a decent ODBC driver as well, its quite easy to use. I have used it before and it was fairly easy to setup, and get apps talking to it.

You may want to check out http://www.postgresql.org for more details.

ASD.

I tried firing up PostgreSQL last year and running the equivalent of phpMyAdmin for it but got stuck trying to get the authentication right, and I couldn't find any good web pages or mailing lists to get me over the hump, so I shelved the attempt. Has the situation improved? How hard is it to get a bare-bones web-based admin system up and running?

Also, how is the situation for remote Win32 application access? I've got a Windows app (Borland Paradox) that doesn't quite work right with MySQL's ODBC connector, and it's hard to debug what's wrong both due to the nature of Paradox and the difficulty in seeing what's going on in the ODBC driver. Is there a good highly-debuggable ODBC connector for PostgreSQL?

--
Aly Dharshi
aly.dharshi@xxxxxxxxx

         "A good speech is like a good dress