Re: Minicom has only ansi or vt102

Tony Nelson wrote:

At 9:15 AM -0500 7/11/05, Mike McCarty wrote:
Mark Sargent wrote:

Hi All,

ok, I'm now at work. I've confirmed that vt102 is ok. I can also
confirm, that I can switch from ttyS0 to S1 and back again. Now, why
is this not possible on my home PCs, FC3 and CentOS.? This is weird.
Cheers.

Mark Sargent.

Please use shorter lines.

You keep telling people that, yet when I look at the original messages
their "lines" are always standard length.  How short do you want them to be?
Odd. I've seen lines which look like they are over 180 characters long.
Perhaps my mailer is reformatting the text on the way in. Usually I like
lines not much more than 70 chars, shorter better to prevent quotes
overflowing.

You know much about Thunderbird? If so, reply via separate
e-mail, and maybe you can give me some help in that regard.

In the meantime, I apologize to any who may have been
inadvertently requested.

Mike