Re: Minicom has only ansi or vt102

At 3:23 PM -0500 7/11/05, Mike McCarty wrote:
>Tony Nelson wrote:
>
>>At 9:15 AM -0500 7/11/05, Mike McCarty wrote:
>>>Please use shorter lines.
>>>

>>You keep telling people that, yet when I look at the original messages
>>their "lines" are always standard length.  How short do you want them to be?
>>

>Odd. I've seen lines which look like they are over 180 characters long.
>Perhaps my mailer is reformatting the text on the way in. Usually I like
>lines not much more than 70 chars, shorter better to prevent quotes
>overflowing.
>
>You know much about Thunderbird? If so, reply via separate
>e-mail, and maybe you can give me some help in that regard.

No, can't help you there, but just to make sure that I wasn't spouting
nonsense, I checked a couple of the messages you made that complaint about,
and I see no sign that the text was sent unwrapped.  (Resized the window,
which resizes the text if it is being wrapped locally; make replies and
noted that each line had a ">", instead of just one on the front when lines
are wrapped locally.)

I also can't reply to you directly, as your server rejects my mail.