Re: One /home/username shared amongst several Fedora instances using external HD

CB wrote:

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 09:10, John Thompson wrote:

That's what I do here. User home directories are hosted on a FreeBSD machine, and are mounted via NFS as the users' home directories regardless of whether they're using linux, FreeBSD or NetBSD. I have them set up has samba shares as well, so users' "My Documents" directory is actually the samba-mounted home directory on the FreeBSD machine when they use Windows.

The USB option worked well but I'd like to try the NFS mounting method
too. Do you know offhand of a good HOWTO/resource that goes into how to
do this?

There's always the "Linux NFS How-to:"

http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/

--