Re: One /home/username shared amongst several Fedora instances using external HD

Scot L. Harris wrote:

You may also want to look at NIS+.  I have not done this before but I
seem to remember that with NIS+ when you log into a system you could
have it use NFS to mount your home directory on any system you log
into.  Lookup the NIS automount options for doing this.

That's what I do here. User home directories are hosted on a FreeBSD machine, and are mounted via NFS as the users' home directories regardless of whether they're using linux, FreeBSD or NetBSD. I have them set up has samba shares as well, so users' "My Documents" directory is actually the samba-mounted home directory on the FreeBSD machine when they use Windows.

--

-John (john@xxxxxxxxxxx)