Re: One /home/username shared amongst several Fedora instances using external HD

Markus Huber wrote:

Mounting _as_ or _under_ /home/username?

Mounting _as_ /home/username is not possible afaik, but you can mount your drive wherever you want inside /home/username/what/ever/you/want and then set the automount as you like it.

For automount under Gnome see:
http://fedoranews.org/krishnan/tips/tip040.shtml

It's for USB-drives but should work for firewire-drives as well - I suppose. Just set the filesystem appropriately how the drive is formatted.

Regards
Markus

Sorry, yes, I meant mounting *as* /home/username, so not only my docs but also all the config directories (/home/.*) get shared between the machines (not simultaneously, of course). Any idea why mounting an external drive as /home/username isn't possible?

Thanks for the automounting tip.