Re: Virtual Box & Windows -

On 3/25/2011 11:55 AM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> That's still not what I wanted, I would prefer to use the

Bob: Somehow, I missed this part. You have a very simple problem. What
you need to do is set up the Windows drive as you describe above (you
can also usually go into BIOS and tell the computer which drive to boot
off of regardless of which slot a hard drive is in). You then want to
boot from your Fedora CD and go into "rescue mode"; there, you'll be
able to use a simple command to rewrite your grub.conf file to the MBR
on the Windows drive, which will then give you your desired dual-boot
option...

There are lots of sites out there that discuss how to do the above;
here's one:
http://danleff.net/myarticles/fedorainstall/linuxinstallharddrives5.html

when I made that first suggestion, I misunderstood your desired result
and thought you wanted to run your Old Windows XP as a virtualized
machine inside Virtual Box - maybe because of the title of this thread ;-)
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA